Hair loss is a source of anxiety for nearly everyone who experiences it. It is also incredibly common – two out of every three men can expect to be bald or balding by the time they reach 50, while 36 percent of all women over the age of 40 experience some degree of hair thinning.
Commonly hair loss is caused by an inherited genetic trait which becomes more active as we age. Although usually associated with men’s hair loss, it is also a common cause of hair loss and thinning for women.
Other causes of hair loss include:
- Imbalances of nutrients available to the hair roots – often due to poor diet.
- High levels of bodily toxins which accumulate at the hair roots.
- Mental, dietary or physical stress.
- Hormone fluctuations – commonly caused by pregnancy and some medications.
- Scalp disorders.
- Tension of the scalp causing decreased blood supply to the developing hair.
- Rough scalp treatment, such as overly vigorous brushing.
- Weakened, dry hair which breaks easily, causing hair to thin.
Our Reds stylists are professionally trained to identify and recommend treatment for hair loss and thinning in men and women. One of the most effective, non-invasive and drug-free solutions we offer at Reds is the NIOXIN hair and scalp care range.
The NIOXIN range offers eight different hair and scalp care systems, each designed to treat your specific hair type. Through a number of innovative technologies, NIOXIN products create fuller looking hair, while also moisturising, detoxifying and delivering nutrients to the scalp to promote healthy hair growth and development.
The sheer number of satisfied clients who use the NIOXIN range means our Reds stylists can absolutely vouch for the efficacy of these products. Many of our mothers, fathers, partners and friends use the products and have seen excellent results.
So if you are concerned about hair loss or thinning, don’t hesitate to speak to your Reds stylist about the right hair loss solution for you.