The question of ‘What am I going to wear today?!’ is a universal dilemma.
No matter what type of style you have, here are a few ways you can take the stress out of getting ready in the morning.
1. The basics
Having a well-rounded wardrobe that covers all occasions makes getting ready in the morning much less stressful. Take the time to invest in pieces you love, that will allow you to create an array of outfits with ease. Below are the wardrobe essentials:
- The classics: a black blazer, pencil skirt, a striped T-shirt and cigarette pants.
- Whites: invest in a good linen or cotton white T-shirt and shirt.
- A little black dress.
- Denim: a wardrobe essential. Rather than follow trends, take the time to find a fit and cut that is comfortable and suits your body type.
- Footwear: these four staples can finish off a look perfectly. It’s all about sneakers, leather boots, a classic pump and slides.
- Statement: invest in a designer piece you love, that adds the wow factor.
- Leather: toughen up your look with a leather jacket.
Creating order in your wardrobe is one of the easiest ways to make getting ready in the morning stress free. Order your wardrobe in categories, for example: blazers, jackets, pants, skirts, dresses, tops, etc. This simple step makes your clothing much more accessible and organised. The key is keeping your wardrobe this way. Make the effort to give your wardrobe a refresh once a week on a Sunday evening, ready to power through the week ahead in style and ease.
Preparation is the quickest way to avoid feeling stressed in the morning. Set aside five minutes each night before you go to bed to check the weather and your diary before selecting your outfit the following day. Thoroughly check your outfit to see if anything needs ironing and once it’s good to go, hang the outfit at the front of your wardrobe with your accompanying accessories.
Accessories can bring the perfect finishing touch to your look. Make sure your favourite pieces of jewellery, eyewear, shoes and belts are accessible to you when you are getting ready in the morning. When you’re stressing that your outfit isn’t complete, a simple shoe or new necklace can finish off your look perfectly.