Mascara is a beauty basic that even the most low maintenance woman looks to when she wants to get glam. Getting your mascara application right can ensure longevity, definition and great lashes. With this in mind, we’ve put together a handy list of tips to ensure your application is smooth, your product long-lasting and your lashes are in good health.
1. Vaseline is a saviour for damaged lashes. Apply a little to a clean wand and comb through before bed, and soon enough your lashes will feel and look healthier and shinier.
2. When it comes to application, many make-up artists bend their wands slightly so that the brush is angled. This allows you to reach those tricky corners near your inner and outer lash line.
3. If you’re not a fan of clumps and prefer your lashes look spidery and defined, grab a tissue and wipe any excess mascara off the wand to ensure just the right amount hits your lashes.
4. To ensue mascara lasts the allotted three to six months before expiry or doesn’t dry out; when dipping the wand back into the tube, swirl rather than dunk.
5. Lashes need plumping? There are a few simple and straightforward ways to get fuller looking lashes. One, after your first coat of mascara and before the second dust a little baby powder over them. This will make your lashes appear thicker and often longer. Secondly, never forget to apply mascara to the top and bottom of your lashes; we’re so used to applying mascara to the bottom we forget about the topside. This will automatically make your lashes look voluminous.