This easy braid is perfect for those days when you’re short on time and looks more complicated than it really is.
What you’ll need:
- A soft bristle brush
- Two hair elastics
- A styling product – we love Kérastase VIP – to create grip and hold.
- Apply your styling product and brush hair up into a high, smooth pony.
- Secure your pony with a hair elastic.
- Separate a small section of hair from the bottom of your pony tail.
- Wrap the small section of hair around the ponytail elastic until you’ve run out of section.
- Tuck the tips of the section under your ponytail elastic to secure them; this is the step that might take some practice. You want to secure just the tips beneath the elastic without making the hair tie visible again – try using a pencil or hair stick if it’s not working with your fingers.
- Divide your remaining ponytail into two equal sections.
- Twist the two sections around each other once.
- Begin twisting one section clockwise and the other section anti-clockwise (in two different directions).
- As you twist the sections in opposite directions, twist them around each other to create the rope.
- Keep twisting until you run out of hair.
- Secure your rope braid with an elastic.