Jade rollers combine two of our favourite things: skincare and crystals.
Whether you’re using one made from rose quartz, amethyst, or the original green jade, these soothing stone face tools are hailed by beauty influencers as effective devices for de-puffing the skin, relaxing face muscles and even calming inflamed blemishes.
But in order to reap the rewards, you need to know how to use them properly – so keep these tips in mind the next time you’re looking to roll and glow.
- Don’t roll dry: Use your jade roller with a serum, oil, or moisturiser. The lubrication will not only make rolling easier, but the facial massage will help the product penetrate deeper into your skin.
- Gentle pressure only: You don’t have to press hard to get results. All you need is gentle pressure when rolling, especially around the eye area.
- Roll towards your ears: One of the main objectives of jade rolling is to provide lymphatic drainage. So as a rule of thumb, wherever you start on your face roll toward your ears and then down the sides of the neck, which is where your lymph nodes are located.
- Always roll in one direction: When you’re rolling your skin you want to “drain” excess fluid out of your face. When you roll back and forth it will still feel great, but you won’t be receiving the lymphatic drainage.
- Store it in the fridge: For an extra cool jade roller that will work wonders on de-puffing eyes and soothing inflamed spots.
Jade rollers are easily brought online here in New Zealand. Most cost between $20 – $40 NZD, so it pays to shop around to find a good quality roller at a good price.